A smart device that is used as a smart speaker that provides you with updates and information based on voice commands is known as an Amazon device. You can control a lot of things in your house, such as smart light bulbs, your Smart TV, garage doors, and even kitchen appliances. Do you know that you can use the speaker as a security device? Here you will learn how to set up an alert for someone on your phone.
Staying safe at home is important and having security systems at home is a good way to keep your belongings safe. If there is someone attempting to break into your house, you can set up your Amazon speakers to alert you.
What is Alexa Intruder Alert?
If it discovers that someone is in the area, it will alert the users through the Alexa Guard. Sounds like glass breaking, smoke alarms, and CO alarms can be detected. In order to use the feature correctly, you need to setup it. Well, interesting right? We have a guide on how to set up intrusion alert on your smart speakers.
Setup Intruder Alert on Alexa
There isn’t a set routine for using Intruder Alert on your speaker. You have to set up the alert. The steps you need to follow are here.
Download Alexa App
The first thing to do if you want to set up an intrusion alert is to download the app. The mobile version of the app has functions that can be used directly from the phone. The app is available for both devices. The app can be downloaded from the app store or the play store.
Setup Routines on Alexa App
- Open the Alexa app and sign in with your Amazon account.
- Once you have signed in, tap on the More option at the bottom right of your screen.
- Choose Routines and then tap on the + icon.
- You will be asked to enter a routine name.
- Type in Intruder Alert as the routine name.
- Now, tap on When this happens option and select Voice.
- Simply enter in Intruder Alert and then select Next. Don’t save it yet.
Create an Intruder Alert Action on Alexa App
When you issue the Intruder Alert voice command, you need to create an action that is to be followed by Amazon.
- You need to add an action to this routine so tap on Add Action > Smart Home.
- Choose to select all your device or create a control group.
- Select the device and choose what you want the device to do such as switch on or make a noise or maybe even play something.
- Tap on the Add Action option followed by Alexa Says and finally, customized.
- Here you can enter any phrase that you want Alexa to say when the Intruder Alert routine has been activated.
- Choose what devices will be saying the phrase and then save it.
Set up Alexa Guard
You can use the Alexa Guard to detect different types of sound and alert the user. There is a method to enable the Alexa Guard.
- Open the Alexa app on your phone and open the More tab which is at the last.
- In More, select Settings. Look for the Guard option and open it.
- On the next page tap the Set Up Sound Detection button.
- Check all the boxes you want alerts for and then tap Confirm.
- At last, tap Done to finish the process.
- Alexa Guard will work when Away mode is enabled or users can also say ‘Alexa I’m leaving.’
Simply say “Intruder Alert” and watch howAlexa runs the routine. If you want to have fun, you can change the phrase to make it sound like you are playing a prank on a few friends. There is a way to say ‘I am calling the police.’
How will Alexa Alert you in case of Intrusion?
Guard features are useful. The Intruder Alert will detect noises and send a notification to your phone once you have set it up. If there is an unwanted activity in your home, then you can check the security camera footage and take action.
You can set up the Intruder Alert for your speakers. It is a good idea to have a proper security system set up at your home. If there is a case of someone breaking into your home, you will have to call the authorities on your own, as the Alexa setup won’t do that for you. Is there any questions or queries? Please leave them in the comments. Let us know your experience if you tried to set up an alert with your voice activated speaker.
Also make sure: